👩💻👨💻 About the role
As a Senior Information & Security Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in designing and building a secure environment to protect our systems and data. Collaborating closely with the Data and Cybersecurity teams, you will establish and maintain best practices to ensure the integrity and security of our platform.
🚧 What you’ll do
- Work closely with our Platform Engineering team to prioritise security in all infrastructure and application development aspects.
- Work closely with key stakeholders, including DevOps, Data Engineering, and Cybersecurity teams, to plan and execute security goals.
- Identify and address potential bottlenecks within the team swiftly.
- Establish and enforce engineering best practices, including code review, testing, monitoring, and documentation.
- Facilitate technical discussions and contribute to system design.
- Establish and maintain robust application and infrastructure security practices.
- Create resilient data pipelines with complete visibility into data processing.
- Automate engineering processes to enhance development efficiency and accuracy.
- Collaborate with the Cybersecurity team to meet regulatory requirements.
🙌 Who will you work with?
Kostia joined Mondu in January 2022 as Engineer Director. He started his engineering career as an entrepreneur, creating e-commerce stores for the Ukrainian market. It helped him to develop a customer-centric mindset and learn how to build effective teams.Then he worked as a technical lead in industries such as Gaming, AdTech, and FinTech, where he set up teams from scratch and developed products from ideas to market fit. Before Mondu, Kostia worked on his own B2B FinTech startup in Berlin. With Mondu, Kostia established an effective engineering department of five teams, fostering a thriving and goal-oriented environment that delivers high-quality products.
🏅What you need to succeed
Please note: Do not be put off from applying because you believe you cannot tick every box. If you think you can help and you really want to join our growing and exciting business, please get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
- Strong knowledge of AWS, including best practices and the ability to architect and deploy scalable, fault-tolerant systems.
- Proficiency in managing infrastructure as code using tools like Terraform, emphasising automation and consistency.
- Experience maintaining and scaling large Kubernetes clusters, ensuring high availability and efficient resource utilisation.
- Familiarity with observability and security monitoring tools, including but not limited to Datadog and Falco.
- Experience managing data pipelines and their underlying infrastructure (Kafka, Postgres, DWH), with a deep understanding of data storage, retrieval, and processing technologies.
- Ambitious, curious, and resilient with a can-do attitude, always ready to propose solutions.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where change is the norm.
It would be a plus if you:
- Have experience working in Startups and regulated environments (banking, fintech, etc)
🎁 What's in it for you?
- € 1000 per year for you to contribute to your learning & development to help you grow professionally and personally.
- € 300 per year for you to endorse team build, including dinners, games, and events
- 30 vacation days per year
- A flexible visa and relocation package powered by our partner, Jobbatical
- Work where you are most efficient, at the office or home, as much as you like.
- Take advantage of our Workation policy, allowing for up to 12 weeks every year of work outside of Germany or Netherlands (some restrictions apply)
- Subsidised membership options to boost your physical and mental well-being with Gympass
- € 30 per month of mobility allowance via our partner FREE NOW for the days when your feet won’t carry you home from the gym
- Tax relief for payments into our Business Bike scheme
- You can accelerate your career and take ownership of your work and development in a flat hierarchy where 360 feedback is encouraged
Working in a truly diverse group makes us stronger and more resilient. Furthermore, it enables an unfair advantage - learning from each other, seeing different perspectives, and considering a broader range of variables in our decision-making. That is what being a Monduneer is all about.
Thus, regardless of your background, age, disability, gender, parental status, race, religion, sexual orientation, educational background, or any other aspect you feel is a statement of your diversity, we look forward to discussing your role in mind.
If you believe you are a Monduneer in disguise, and it's time for you to shine, submit your application, and we'll take it from there.
💜 Meet Mondu
At Mondu, we have the vision to disrupt and become the leader in B2B payments. We are building a Buy Now, Pay Later solution for B2B e-commerce businesses. Our business will address a new set of customer needs in a vast new market segment. To do so, we will need to re-invent core parts of the payment experience to serve the needs of business customers. Moreover, we will need to listen closely to local customer needs and tailor our approach to the requirements of local customers in Europe.
After a hugely successful initial funding round we are looking to grow at a phenomenal pace and this will not be possible without the right people in the team.