Senior Software Engineer (Golang)
👩💻👨💻 About the role
🚧 What you’ll do
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to Design, Develop and maintain complex fintech software solutions that meet the business requirements and scalability needs
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code primarily in Go.
- Work on building and enhancing features that deliver value to our customers and partners.
- Participate in architectural decisions and help shape the direction of our technology stack.
- Design, Develop, and maintain fintech software solutions that meet the business requirements and scalability needs.
- Implement software design patterns and architecture to enhance system maintainability and performance
- Conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback to ensure high code quality and adherence to best practices
- Identify bottlenecks in security and performance and implement solutions to improve platform performance.
🙌 Who will you work with?
Akash joined Mondu in January 2021, As one of the early engineers at Mondu, his initial focus was on building the MVP within a tight timeframe, developing essential components such as the risk engine, and implementing key features like instalments. Following this, he grew into the role of Engineering Manager, actively contributing to establishing robust engineering practices within the team. During his tenure at Mondu, a pivotal achievement was forming a self-reliant and highly effective team. During his career, Akash thrived in corporate giants and startup environments. With a developer's passion and managerial mindset, He enjoys hands-on coding and leading teams to craft exceptional products. He focuses on building strong, cohesive teams and implementing top-tier engineering practices. Ultimately, Akash strives to deliver the highest quality work, reflecting a commitment to excellence.
He aims to empower the team to operate autonomously and guide them in shaping their career paths. Dedicated to being a constant presence, providing support to ensure timely project delivery, and contributing to achieving the company's overarching goals.
🏅What you need to succeed
Please note: Do not be put off from applying because you believe you cannot tick every box. If you think you can help and you want to join our growing and exciting business, please get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
- Proficient with 7+ years of hands-on experience as a Software Engineer, specialising in Go for project development.
- Skilled in designing and architecting scalable, maintainable, and secure software systems.
- Possesses strong problem-solving and debugging capabilities.
- In-depth knowledge of Design principles and Software Architecture, including Event-Based and Microservices approaches.
- Experience in handling Infrastructure using AWS, Terraform, and K8s.
- Engage actively in the entire software development life cycle, from conception and design to delivery and ongoing maintenance.
- Advocate for and implement best practices, coding standards, and development methodologies to drive continuous improvement within the team.
- Experience with multiple types of databases (relational, key-value, document-oriented etc)
It would be a plus if you also:
- Experience in Fintech or Startups.
🎁 What's in it for you?
- € 1000 per year for you to contribute to your learning & development to help you grow professionally and personally.
- € 300 per year for you to endorse team build, including dinners, games, and events
- 30 vacation days per year
- A flexible visa and relocation package powered by our partner, Jobbatical
- Work where you are most efficient, at the office or home, as much as you like.
- Take advantage of our Workation policy, allowing for up to 12 weeks every year of work outside of Germany (some restrictions apply)
- Subsidised membership options to boost your physical and mental well-being with Gympass
- € 30 per month of mobility allowance via our partner FREE NOW for the days when your feet won’t carry you home from the gym
- Tax relief for payments into our Business Bike scheme
- You can accelerate your career and take ownership of your work and development in a flat hierarchy where 360 feedback is encouraged
Working in a truly diverse group makes us stronger and more resilient. Furthermore, it enables an unfair advantage - learning from each other, seeing different perspectives, and considering a broader range of variables in our decision-making. That is what being a Monduneer is all about.
Thus, regardless of your background, age, disability, gender, parental status, race, religion, sexual orientation, educational background, or any other aspect you feel is a statement of your diversity, we look forward to discussing your role in mind.
If you believe you are a Monduneer in disguise, and it's time for you to shine, submit your application, and we'll take it from there.
💜 Meet Mondu
At Mondu, we have the vision to disrupt and become the leader in B2B payments. We are building a Buy Now, Pay Later solution for B2B e-commerce businesses. Our business will address new customer needs in a vast new market segment. To do so, we will need to re-invent core parts of the payment experience to serve the needs of business customers. Moreover, we will need to listen closely to local customer needs and tailor our approach to the requirements of local customers in Europe.
After a hugely successful initial funding round, we are looking to grow at a phenomenal pace, and this will not be possible without the right people in the team.