Business Development Representative
👩💻👨💻About the role
We are looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) who has an integral role in our Sales Management team, focusing on proactively expanding the customer base of one of the most exciting and fastest-growing startups in the global FinTech industry. You can expect to work together (and develop) with experienced colleagues within the team (Senior Sales Managers) but also beyond (e.g., Marketing, Product).
Sales Management at Mondu is an essential part of the broader Commercial organisation, including dedicated teams for Customer Success and Partner Management. More concretely, Sales Management is responsible for bringing Mondu’s product(s) to market, i.e., engaging with B2B merchants and marketplaces that would benefit from integrating our payment solution in their (online) distribution channels to enhance the customer experience for their B2B buyers and benefit from efficiencies in their own operations.
🚧 What you’ll do
You will report directly to the Commercial Lead, granting your work extensive visibility. Your main tasks include:
- Execute thorough market research and suggest potential leads
- Prepare and execute your tailored outreach strategy on various channels (e-mailing, phone calls, LinkedIn outreach, etc.)
- Convert leads into qualified opportunities and hand them over to (Senior) Sales Managers for in-depth product demonstrations
- Document your approach and success in Salesforce, adhering to formalised funnel stages and metrics
- Support strategic sales initiatives as Mondu enters further markets.
🙌 Who will you work with?
Our Commercial Team plays an essential role in bringing Mondu's customer-first philosophy to life. The team's mission is to serve customers and partners through the whole value chain journey - offering the right product portfolio, securing a fast onboarding, and smooth technical integration.
Additionally, our team makes sure that our customers stay satisfied and ensures sustainable cooperation in the long run.
🏅What you need to succeed
Please note: Do not be put off from applying because you believe you cannot tick every box. If you can help and want to join our growing and exciting business, please get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
- You gained your first professional experience in sales/customer acquisition, ideally in a fast-growing tech startup, e-commerce, or SaaS company.
- You are a natural communicator skilled at presenting and pitching over various media (phone calls, video calls, events).
- You have experience working with CRM tools, preferably Salesforce.
- You must be fully proficient in German.
- You are confident in working independently and in a team, utilising all possible channels to stay connected (Google Meets, Slack, etc.).
- Experience with the B2B e-commerce and/or payments industry is a plus.
🎁 What's in it for you?
- € 1000 per year for you to contribute to your learning & development to help you grow professionally and personally.
- € 300 per year for you to endorse team build, including dinners, games, and events
- 30 vacation days per year
- A flexible visa and relocation package powered by our partner, Jobbatical
- Work where you are most efficient, at the office or home, as much as you like.
- Take advantage of our Workation policy, allowing for up to 12 weeks every year of work outside of Germany (some restrictions apply)
- Subsidised membership options to boost your physical and mental well-being with Gympass
- € 30 per month of mobility allowance via our partner FREE NOW for the days when your feet won’t carry you home from the gym
- Tax relief for payments into our Business Bike scheme
- You can accelerate your career and take ownership of your work and development in a flat hierarchy where 360 feedback is encouraged
Working in a truly diverse group makes us stronger and more resilient. Furthermore, it enables an unfair advantage - learning from each other, seeing different perspectives, and considering a broader range of variables in our decision-making. That is what being a Monduneer is all about.
Thus, regardless of your background, age, disability, gender, parental status, race, religion, sexual orientation, educational background, or any other aspect you feel is a statement of your diversity, we look forward to discussing your role in mind.
If you believe you are a Monduneer in disguise, and it's time for you to shine, submit your application, and we'll take it from there.
💜 Meet Mondu
At Mondu, we have the vision to disrupt and become the leader in B2B payments. We are building a Buy Now, Pay Later solution for B2B e-commerce businesses. Our business will address a new set of customer needs in a vast new market segment. To do so, we will need to re-invent core parts of the payment experience to serve the needs of business customers. Moreover, we will need to listen closely to local customer needs and tailor our approach to the requirements of local customers in Europe.
After a hugely successful initial funding round we are looking to grow at a phenomenal pace and this will not be possible without the right people in the team.