Sr. Software Engineer
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
minka_ is an open network for publishing money.We are a lean, purposely small, well-funded startup that is playing the long game. We are selective and take care of our (dream) team, so you will be well compensated. We value highly-motivated, somewhat crazy, and creative individuals that believe in our mission.Our vision is to improve the way people interact with money. TasksSenior Software Developer is the key resource that is actually building the minka platform. It is an internal role within our engine team team, working closely with head of engineering, the product team and other developers.The Senior Software Developer should have high-level managerial skills, in-depth knowledge of how computer systems work, programming languages, and outstanding knowledge of the agile process. HowBe an owner
- Follow team software development methodologies
- Performing code reviews, providing constructive feedback
- Make sure you constantly improve and learn about the internet, bitcoin and money.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Positive, motivated attitude, with an emphasis on excellent teamwork.
- Help your team members do things in better ways and improve their skills
- Evaluating end-to-end designs for strengths and weaknesses (e.g., complexity, scalability, performance, security, etc.
- Get stuff done attitude and make your voice heard when necessary.
- Suggest improvements to technical solutions
- Be responsible for your own resources, suggest, interview and hire your own team members
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems
- Writing code for medium to large features independently
- Join design sprints to work on product designs and prototypes
- Share knowledge on components you implemented with level 3 support teams
- Know what is a bit and what is bitcoin.
- 7+ years of experience working in software development
- Passionate about technology and about improving financial services.
- Have mentored junior software developers on design patterns, development best practices and DevOps trade-offs
- Creativity in solving problems in very ambiguous environments
- Understand organizational goals, competitive landscape and technology trends to deliver best technical solutions possible
- Strong cross functional team leadership skills, including crafting aggressive but achievable objectives, managing team performance, and developing people.
- Good understanding of blockchain concepts and implementations
- Hand-on experience with infrastructure scaling to support increases in usage
- Proven experience implementing and monitoring large-scale systems
- Bachelors, Masters University Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Seen Mr. Robot tv show.
- Health Allowance
- Career Path
- Fully remote work
- Work on a problem that matters and empower people across the region.
- Build a lasting company from the very beginning, helping define every aspect of it.
- We are a small team of high potentials in a fast-paced culture, where we like to make things happen
- Work alongside a great and diverse team that cares about what we are doing and how we are doing it