Senior Financial Planning and Analysis
Accounting & Finance
Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2023
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing financial plans, including budgets, forecasts, and long-term financial projections, work with the unit head to develop and execute strategic business plans that align with the overall strategic objectives of Matta while ensuring efficiency in the company’s business operations through the provision of effective support services covering the management of financial and administrative systems, to contribute to the delivery of the company’s overall commercial and financial objectives.
Expected Key Results (Detailed KPIs)
• Budgeting and Forecasting
• Financial Modeling
• Finance Partnering
• Variance Analysis
• Decision Support
• Investment Appraisal
What you will be doing:
Prepare operating budgets, forecasts, and CAPEX aligning with the business objectives. Monitor financial plans, analyze revenue and expenses, assesses the financial impact of various business decisions, and ensure spending matches the approved budget.
• Conduct an in-depth financial analysis to identify trends, risks, and opportunities to improve business performance. This involves analyzing financial statements, creating financial models, and conducting variance analysis to identify potential issues and recommendations.
• Conduct monthly budget reviews to ensure relevance and alignment with current realities
• Develop financial models for fundraising (debt and equity) transactions as required.
• Drive initiatives to optimize cash flow, cost efficiency, and profitability of the company
• Support the strategic business planning process, providing essential analysis on KPIs.
• Create accurate and timely financial reports that summarize financial data in a clear and concise manner. This includes creating dashboards, providing financial analysis, and tracking financial metrics and KPIs.
• Prepare pre and post-project appraisals.
• Identifying opportunities for process improvements, including automation and streamlining of financial processes.
What we think you should have:
- A bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Economics / Banking and Finance or a related field
- Professional qualifications such as ICAN, ACCA, FMVA
- 3-5 years of good experience working within fast-growing companies.
- E-commerce, Tech, or Fintech sector would be an added advantage.
- Technologically savvy, excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Financial management systems, accounting policies, standards and costing accounting etc.
- Proficiency in data analytics, creating dynamic financial dashboards.
- Matta is an equal opportunity employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff.
- What we offer:
- An attractive compensation package that is commensurate with the demonstrated level of required experience and skill and in line with industry standards.
- Hybrid work structure.
- Performance Bonus.
- Full time, life access to learning