Web3 Product Designer
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2023
Fuel is building a high-performance blockchain operating system that provides high throughput without sacrificing decentralization or security. Our project is a full-stack solution that lets anyone deploy a Fuel chain using any configuration they would like (Rollup on Ethereum, Sovereign chain, Appchain, etc.). Currently, our focus is to launch an Ethereum rollup to help scale Ethereum beyond its current capacity.
What we need from you
Until now, our design efforts have been led by our head of product, but it's time to separate the design into a dedicated role. As our first Product Designer, you will work closely with our head of product and a team of world-class engineers to build the best blockchain user experience the world has yet to see.
You’ll get to:
- Work on a team where you always feel like the dumbest person in the room
- Build out totally new product experiences from scratch
- Iterate rapidly with immediate user feedback
- Being able to define a unique brand and style guide from scratch
If any of that sounds exciting to you, then we would love to talk to you!
Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborate with the front-end team to deliver our block explorer
- Design a distinctive, world-class marketing website that amplifies our brand and sets Fuel apart from the competition
- Ensure the front-end team always have designs ready 3 weeks ahead of engineering sprints and are never blocked on design questions for longer than 24h
- Work with the front-end team to expand and maintain our design system → https://design.fuel.network/
- Establish feedback systems that consistently gather user insights, helping the team prioritize and improve our wallet and block explorer
Skills and Traits
- Intellectual honesty and flexibility – Open to new ideas and willing to change your mind when presented with new information.
- Empathy – Able to navigate complex social situations and derive user insights.
- Drive to ship – Motivated to see your designs come to life and used by actual users.
- Deep understanding of blockchain – Been in crypto for over 2 years out of personal curiosity and interest.
- Excellent design skills – A strong aesthetic sense and experience in developing and maintaining design systems from scratch.
- Creative problem-solving – Strong ability to develop innovative solutions to design problems, considering user needs, tech constraints, and business goals.
- Strong design process – Clearly articulated approach to designing products, with the ability to predict and mitigate potential pitfalls.
- At least 5 years of experience as a product designer working on products with actual user feedback (Agency and consultant experience does not count)
- Developed and maintained design systems from scratch
- Have built your own applications using frameworks like React/Vue
- Have been a user of crypto for +2 years and understand the UX problems that litter the space