Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with Consensys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. Consensys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
About the team
Consensys Staking is a leading ETH staking provider, currently operating ~4.5% of all Ethereum validators, with around 1 million ETH staked to date or around $2B of value in dollar denomination. Consensys Staking prides itself on secure and reliable infrastructure with a SOC 2 Type I and II certification. Our resilient, distributed, and configurable infrastructure (multi-cloud, multi-region, multi-client, multi-MEV relayers), alongside our comprehensive validator performance reporting, is attractive to institutional-grade stakers.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help accelerate the growth of our Staking-as-a-Service platform ConsenSys Staking and double its market share by leveraging on the distribution and audience of our flagship products Infura and MetaMask (leading web3 wallet) as well as MetaMask Institutional (one of the leading institutional and Enterprise web3 wallet).
For this role, there is a strong focus on working on the front end interfaces used by both customers and internal Consensys staff. These user interfaces help our customer base to understand the Staking lifecycle, and provide valuable insights into rewards received. In addition, new technologies and research are actively being undertaken, potentially providing more opportunities for rewards and services and will be available through the user interface.
The ideal candidate for this position has experience using and working with the Ethereum protocol either in a Staking related capacity or similar domain and is able to lead a feature area autonomously.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience in web3 dapp design and User experience, or working with indexed blockchain data and data reporting.
What you’ll do
- 3 + years of experience as a Front End or Full Stack Software Engineer working on production application
- Experience with front-end development (typescript, react, next.js)
- Experience with, or understanding of databases like PostgreSQL and data indexing architecture and infrastructure
- Experience working on agile projects in an Agile environment
- Experience working in CI/CD setup
- Experience working in a distributed, remote team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Writing good technical documentation
- Located in EMEA/able to work EMEA business hours
- Understanding of the Staking eco-system across Ethereum or other protocols
- Experience designing and implementing features
- Working awareness of the Ethereum roadmap and how EIPs can impact a product
- General interest in DevOps topics / experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes and deploying cloud infrastructure (AWS / Azure)
- Blockchain / smart contract development: Solidity / Ethereum, Web3.js or Ethers.js library
- Experience using or working with decentralized applications or web3 protocols
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related subject
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Consensys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consensys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).