Dharma seeks a Compliance Associate - Remote USA
Dharma is the Ethereum wallet that seamlessly works with your bank account — download an app and do anything in Decentralized Finance (DeFi) directly from your bank account in less than 10 minutes.
There are three core components to Dharma.
First, a non-custodial, smart contract wallet that gives users full control over their money, without having to worry about private key management or clunky web3 transaction submission.
Second, native fiat on- and off-ramps that enable users to deposit to Dharma directly from their bank account, at Coinbase-parity prices & volume. No paltry $500 weekly limits or gouging debit card surcharges.
Third, an open SDK called dharmaOS that allows developers (both internal and external) to deploy “adapters” that seamlessly connect any protocol on Ethereum to users’ bank accounts at high volumes.
All of the above is packaged into a beautiful, mobile-first experience that caters to beginners, pros, and everyone in between.
In short, Dharma marries the strengths of fiat-enabled exchanges and non-custodial Web3 wallets, giving users the best of both worlds.
We are a small, resourceful, team (14 people!), working remotely across all US time zones.
Who We’re Looking For
We're looking for a highly motivated, multi-faceted, and experienced Compliance Associate who will help with the implementation and day-to-day oversight of our global compliance program. This role will report directly to our Compliance Lead.
What you will do:
- Assist in the implementation of a compliance program covering OFAC/BSA/USA Patriot Act regulatory obligations and state money transmitter requirements
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Conduct, review, and evaluate alert reviews, investigations and findings using your AML/KYC expertise
- Raise potential findings to management in a timely manner
- Assist in the onboarding and training of new members to the Compliance team
- Stay at the forefront of the ever changing regulatory environment
Ideal Candidate Description:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, organized and able to work independently
- Flexible and adaptable to working in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment
- Passionate about Crypto and Decentralized Finance and an undeniable draw to our industry (and our company’s) vision: to create a global financial system that is open, transparent, efficient and accessible
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in regulatory compliance with a focus on AML. Bonus points for prior experience at a Fintech company
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth, fast paced organization
- Able to work during US business hours
Something looks off?