Accounts Payable Specialist
Daisy is a modern, full-service condo and co-op property management. We combine thoughtful people, new technology, and hard-won processes to make buildings work for their residents—not the other way around. Since our summer 2021 launch, we’ve been the fastest growing property management company in New York, and we’re not slowing down now. If you’re looking for a challenge and an opportunity with a devoted, inventive, united team, Daisy might be the place for you. Join us, and let’s make a lasting impact on the way people live together.
As an Accounts Payable Specialist at Daisy, you will play a vital role in our financial operations team. Your expertise will be crucial in processing all invoices, and undertaking the respective payment to all creditors in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
- Process invoices from multiple vendors and reconcile purchasing orders to vendor invoices
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Check and approve all vouchers for payment
- Prepare and process accounts payable checks, wire transfers, and ACH payments
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with the processing of invoices and purchase orders
- Prepare monthly financial reports and distribute them as needed
- Maintain all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets, and corporate accounts payable files
- Assist with auditing tasks like the review of transactions, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, and preparation of audit schedules
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience working in an accounts payable role.
- Experience working and collaborating with Utility, Telecom, and Banks is a plus.
- You have a working knowledge of MS Excel and accounting software.
- Strict adherence to organizational guidelines, maintaining confidentiality, and great attention to detail.
- Comfortable with both independent and team-based tasks.
- Strong communication skills are needed to interact with other teams and vendors.
- Prior exposure to property management is a plus!
At Daisy, we believe in rewarding the unique skills, experiences, and expertise our employees bring to the team. As such, actual compensation may sometimes fall outside the stated range, reflecting the candidate's exceptional qualifications or the complexity, scope, or demand of the role in question. In addition to the base salary, Daisy employees may be eligible for equity options, reflecting our belief in shared ownership and collective success. We also offer fully covered health benefits. Following our commitment to fair pay and transparency, we continue to review salaries regularly to remain competitive within the industry. Final salary decisions are made considering several factors such as industry standards, previous experience, skill set, and our internal compensation strategy.