Director of Risk
Constrafor is a SaaS and fintech platform purpose-built for construction. We are setting new standards of productivity and cost-efficiency for the way General Contractors and Subcontractors manage procurement & financial transactions. With over $18 million of VC financing, we are forging the path for construction innovation. Join us on our mission to advance the largest industry in the world.
As the Director of Risk at Constrafor, you will embark on an exhilarating journey to shape the future of our industry. You'll be at the forefront of our mission to elevate construction finance to new heights. This role isn't just about managing risk; it's about crafting strategies that defy conventions, ignite change, and accelerate growth. In this role, you will report to the Head of Credit and collaborate closely with the entire team to ensure successful execution of our risk strategy.
📝 Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement credit risk policies and procedures specific to receivable financing product within the construction sector.
- Monitor and assess credit risk exposures within our EPP portfolio, identifying construction-specific risks and opportunities for enhancement.
- Provide visionary leadership and guidance to the credit risk team in these specialized areas, fostering collaboration and knowledge exchange.
- Conduct comprehensive credit risk assessments for construction clients, evaluating collateral and creditworthiness.
- Innovate on the existing framework to allow for high, continued scalability.
- Analyze and report on credit risk trends and concentrations within Constrafor’s EPP portfolio.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of the company’s credit policies and procedures and identify exceptions to policy with potential resolutions.
- Stay abreast of industry-specific trends and regulatory changes affecting Receivable Financing in construction finance, adapting credit risk strategies accordingly.
- Contribute to regular discussions with internal teams to create a strong collaborative environment and align proper expectations and usage of credit.
- Build and monitor credit transactions on a regular basis to ensure portfolio performance.
- Prepare and present construction-focused credit risk reports and recommendations to senior management and the board of directors.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Minimum of 7 years of credit risk management experience, with a proven track record of leadership and strategy development in Asset-Based Lending (ABL), Invoice Factoring, or Receivable Financing.
- Strong understanding of credit risk modeling & analytics.
- Understanding of financial statements, accounting practices and collateral, legal requirements, and other relevant credit information.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with legal frameworks related to credit risk management, construction finance, and regulatory compliance is a plus.
- Construction industry knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively and continuously with team members and external parties.
- SQL experience is a plus.
- Experience working in a startup is a plus.
💼 Constrafor Benefits:
- Competitive Salary: $120,000-140,000 DOE.
- Equity ownership within Constrafor.
- Hybrid office schedule.
- Medical, dental & vision insurance coverage offered for you and your dependents.
- Generous PTO Plan.
- A collaborative and innovative work culture that values your input.
- Opportunity to make a significant impact in a growing tech company.
Constrafor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.