Credit Risk Manager
Constrafor is a SaaS and fintech platform purpose-built for construction. We are setting new standards of productivity and cost-efficiency for the way General Contractors and Subcontractors manage procurement & financial transactions. With over $100 million of VC financing, we are forging the path for construction innovation. Join us on our mission to advance the largest industry in the world.
We are looking for a Credit Risk Manager to evaluate Constrafor’s customers background to determine if they are a fit into our exciting new products. This is an opportunity to build a business unit from the ground up and refine all aspects of Constrafor’s credit policies. In this role, you will report to the Head of Credit and collaborate closely with the entire team to ensure successful execution of the Credit business strategy.
- Create, review, and maintain complex credit policies that improve the underwriting process while mitigating potential risks, including those specific to the construction industry.
- Innovate on the existing framework to allow for high, continued scalability.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of the company’s credit policies and procedures and identify exceptions to policy with potential resolutions.
- Responsible for the entire lifecycle of underwriting credit transactions from pre-clearing, due diligence, approval, and funding, to post-close monitoring, including:
- Identify, collect, and complete an in-depth analysis of all documents necessary in transaction requests.
- Verify and evaluate prospect’s legal structure, financial statements, collateral, accounts receivables aging, permits, lien waivers, or other credit data.
- Rate the degree of risk involved, make a credit decision and develop the optimal factoring package for each transaction.
- Manage signing and funding of the transaction agreement with all parties, and any necessary post-close line items, including acting on behalf of the servicing and collections team as needed.
- Analyze portfolio to continuously monitor concentration risks.
- Identify and evaluate new data providers including alternative data sources to improve underwriting process.
- Contribute to regular discussions with internal teams to create a strong collaborative environment and align proper expectations and usage of credit.
- Build and monitor credit transactions on a regular basis to ensure portfolio performance.
- 4-7 years of experience in investment banking, asset backed financing, structured finance, or commercial due diligence.
- Understanding of financial statements, accounting practices and collateral, legal requirements, and other relevant credit information.
- Analytical mindset and detail-orientation for the underwriting process.
- Experience building financial risk models.
- Strong experience in capital markets and/or credit analysis and well developed financial statement analysis skills;
- Self-starter with the initiative and discipline to work independently, learn new skills, and handle multiple responsibilities and priorities.
- Possess the drive and curiosity needed to work in a lean team and a fast-paced, highly productive entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and continuously with team members and external parties.
- SQL experience is a plus.
- Experience working in a startup is a plus.
- Competitive Salary: $90,000-120,000 base DOE
- Equity in the Company
- Medical, dental & vision insurance coverage offered for you and your dependents
- Generous PTO Plan
- Hybrid schedule
Constrafor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.