Head of Legal
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
The high-profile role of Head of Legal reports into VP of Finance and has line management responsibility for a paralegal. The successful candidate will lead Coincover’s legal team and have strong experience in commercial and corporate law to help ensure that Coincover’s strategic objectives are met.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Draft, review, negotiate and advise on all types of commercial contracts, including supply of services agreements and distribution agreements.
- Provide advice and guidance on key legal and commercial matters, including contract interpretation and management of pre-litigation disputes and claims
- Support the business in undertaking key corporate transactions, including M&A activity and fundraises.
- Provide counsel and knowledge leadership to internal stakeholders on current and emerging legal and regulatory issues relevant to Coincover’s business.
- Work closely with sales, product and marketing teams to support the business in executing its strategy.
- Advise senior management on risk and potential management and mitigation solutions.
- Play a lead role in helping embed an appropriate culture of compliance.
Skills and Qualifications
- A qualified solicitor or barrister with a minimum five (5) years PQE.
- A willingness to work flexibly in a fast-paced environment to meet urgent requests from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly analytical with excellent attention to detail.
- Highly collaborative with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An awareness of financial services regulatory issues, including the emergence of laws and regulations applicable to cryptoassets and cryptoasset service providers.
- Previous in-house experience.
See more open positions at Coincover
Something looks off?