Senior Front-end Developer
Remote · Canada
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Since we launched in 2019, CapIntel has been on a mission to elevate finance to build wealth for all; this means helping advisors better support their clients, so they feel at ease knowing their future is secure. We’ve transformed the client experience around investments and are working with some of the largest wealth and asset management firms in North America to modernize their sales processes with innovative Wealth Tech.
CapIntel’s sales enablement platform helps enterprises bridge crucial efficiency and communication gaps by enhancing how advisors and wholesalers analyze, present, and sell investments to retail investors. CapIntel is expanding rapidly, having achieved over 750% growth in 2021 followed by a $14M Series A and significant growth in 2022. We’re continuing to build our team to support our transformative impact on the wealth industry.
About the Role
As a Senior Front End Developer, you will be at the forefront of CapIntel's growth and transformation. You’ll build features from the scratch, engage with our UI/UX team, and provide feedback on how we can best improve our approach.
What you’ll do:
- Be a technical resource for colleagues;
- Design and implement frontend architecture of the web application;this includes features, maintenance, bug fixes and net new builds
- Partner with product managers, designers and the other engineering teams to design and launch new features;
- Share knowledge on and implement security and data protection;
- Create modules to interface with third party services;
- Develop unit tests for code that you create and review code from your peers to ensure best code quality;
- Help CapIntel run better as a team by providing feedback on our approach
- Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC): strong working knowledge of Git and CI/CD pipelines, writing automated tests and working in an agile environment
- Teamwork: ability to work well in cross-functional teams under deadlines;
- Prioritization: ability to identify what needs to be done when; balancing new asks with what's already being worked on
- Mentorship: provide mentorship for Junior and Intermediate Developers on the team; facilitating their growth through technical challenges and removing blockers
- Communication: clear and concise communication with internal teams and external clients about complex technical solutions, architectural and iterative solutions
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
We know that what matters most is a positive attitude, a hunger to learn, and the drive to create quality work and get results. While we value experience and specific kinds of knowledge, we also know that sometimes it’s a roundabout career journey. And if you’re not sure you meet the experience requirements for this position, but you know in your gut that you’ve got what it takes to bring this role to the next level, we’d like to hear from you!
What we can offer you:
- Remote first work: We’re a Canadian based, remote-first environment, with in-office collaboration zones and individual workspaces in Gatineau, QC or Halifax, NS and hubs of virtual employees in Southwestern Ontario). Our core business hours are 9:30am – 3:30pm EST. Successful candidates will be expected to adopt those core hours as part of their regular schedule, regardless of physical location.
- Salary: We’re proud to offer a fair, competitive, and equitable process to determining your salary that is based on your skills, knowledge, experience and internal equity. You can rest assured that we will present our best salary offer so you don’t have to worry about playing the negotiation game.
- Benefits: Our comprehensive benefit package is available from your first day and if something doesn’t quite meet your needs, we also offer a generous flex credits to allow you to top up your coverage in whatever way is meaningful to you! You’ll be able to allocate your flex credits to any combination of our Group RSP, Healthcare Spending Account and/or Lifestyle Spending Account.
- Time away from work: We love working at CapIntel, but we also love our lives outside of work. We offer competitive vacation days, life-care days, and company holidays and build in some flexibility too! Our vacation benefits increase along with your time at CapIntel, to thank and reward your continued commitment.
- Professional growth: We thrive on building our career journeys by learning, mentoring and experiencing through our jobs, our colleagues and our leadership team. Not only do we encourage it, but we also enforce a culture that ensures we thrive, grow and evolve. All new hires will receive an onboarding success plan to help you progress during your first 90 days at CapIntel.
- Belonging: We respect, appreciate and celebrate our individuality. And we know that our diverse perspectives further each other and our business along the path towards greatness. We find ways to socialize, build a sense of community (even if it is across the country!) and challenge each other to share creativity in our “safe-to-fail” environment. We’re committed to making sure you know you’re appreciated for exactly who you are.
Equity, diversity and accessibility
CapIntel believes that all dimensions of diversity are a strength, and that we have a role to play in actively reducing and eliminating systemic barriers to employment equity. We believe in equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ethnicity, language, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family and marital status, neurodivergence, national origin, and age. We cultivate an inclusive workplace where people excel based on personal merit, qualification, experience, ability, and job performance.
See more open positions at CapIntel
Something looks off?