Head of Engineering
Posted on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Since we launched in 2019, CapIntel has been on a mission to elevate finance to build wealth for all; this means helping advisors better support their clients, so they feel at ease knowing their future is secure. We’ve transformed the client experience around investments and are working with some of the largest wealth and asset management firms in North America to modernize their sales processes with innovative Wealth Tech.
CapIntel’s sales enablement platform helps enterprises bridge crucial efficiency and communication gaps by enhancing how advisors and wholesalers analyze, present, and sell investments to retail investors. CapIntel is expanding rapidly, having achieved over 750% growth in 2021 followed by a $14M Series A and significant growth in 2022. We’re continuing to build our team to support our transformative impact on the wealth industry.
About the Role
As the Head of Engineering, you will lead the software development function at CapIntel. Reporting to the CTO and co-founder, you will participate as part of our executive team and own the implementation of strategic direction. You will build and oversee development teams and ensure the highest possible standards for technical competence and excellence are met.
In partnership with the CTO, product leads and dev leads, you will translate CapIntel’s vision into a clear and actionable technology roadmap. You will identify areas for process evolution/optimization and create an effective strategy for addressing these opportunities.
You’re passionate about solving technical problems and building a high functioning team to match the scale and pace of the organization. You’re capable and willing to jump in as needed to debug and triage critical tasks/systems. You’re naturally innovative and curious, and are up for leading the creation, refinement and active monitoring of our development standards to ensure CapIntel’s technology is market-leading and for a sustainable competitive advantage.
What you'll do
- Set goals and objectives for the development team that align to CapIntel’s strategic direction
- Provide technical direction and guidance to the team, leading them through complex and urgent problems
- Manage, retain, train, develop and mentor a team of leaders and developers; inclusive of recruitment, talent development and performance management
- Develop and implement procedures to improve productivity, as well as evangelizing best practices with a focus on product quality and on-time delivery
- Partner cross-functionally with Product, Design and Go-To-Market teams to align on business priorities and roadmaps
- Leadership: experience building, guiding and scaling a high-performing development team with proven results and successes
- Technical: ability to provide technical direction through complex and urgent problems; our tech stack includes Typescript, React, Node, Express, MongoDB
- Teamwork: we can’t be successful without teamwork; proven ability to drive a collaborative and supportive team culture where work gets done together
- Ownership: Extreme Ownership drives our values and culture; it’s not just about steering people, it's about steering yourself, your initiatives and setting your team up for success
- Prioritization: experience working with multiple internal teams to align on the most important and urgent requests; ability to pivot quickly and navigate ambiguity
What we can offer you:
- Remote first work:We’re a Canadian based, remote-first environment, with in-office collaboration zones and individual workspaces in Gatineau, QC or Halifax, NS and hubs of virtual employees in Southwestern Ontario). Our core business hours are 9:30am – 3:30pm EST. Successful candidates will be expected to adopt those core hours as part of their regular schedule, regardless of physical location.
- Salary: We’re proud to offer a fair, competitive, and equitable process to determine your salary that is based on your skills, knowledge, experience and internal equity. You can rest assured that we will present our best salary offer so you don’t have to worry about playing the negotiation game.
- Benefits: Our comprehensive benefit package is available from your first day and we offer generous flex credits to allow you to top up your coverage in whatever way is meaningful to you! You’ll be able to allocate your flex credits to any combination of our Group RSP, Healthcare Spending Account and/or Lifestyle Spending Account.
- Time away from work: We love working at CapIntel, but we also love our lives outside of work. We offer competitive vacation days, life-care days, and company holidays and build in some flexibility too! Our vacation benefits increase along with your time at CapIntel, to thank and reward your continued commitment.
- Professional growth: We thrive on building our career journeys by learning, mentoring and experiencing through our jobs, our colleagues and our leadership team. Not only do we encourage it, but we also enforce a culture that ensures we thrive, grow and evolve. All new hires will receive an onboarding success plan to help you progress during your first 90 days at CapIntel.
- Belonging: We respect, appreciate and celebrate our individuality. And we know that our diverse perspectives further each other and our business along the path towards greatness. We find ways to socialize, build a sense of community (even if it is across the country!) and challenge each other to share creativity in our “safe-to-fail” environment. We’re committed to making sure you know you’re appreciated for exactly who you are
Equity, diversity and accessibility
CapIntel believes that all dimensions of diversity are a strength, and that we have a role to play in actively reducing and eliminating systemic barriers to employment equity. We believe in equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ethnicity, language, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family and marital status, neurodivergence, national origin, and age. We cultivate an inclusive workplace where people excel based on personal merit, qualification, experience, ability, and job performance.
See more open positions at CapIntel
Something looks off?