APDS, a public benefit corporation
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
Founded in 2014 as American Prison Data Systems, Orijin is on a mission to prepare every justice-impacted individual for sustainable employment. We partner with facilities and employers to empower justice-impacted individuals with the necessary educational tools to rewrite their life stories. We are the ORIGINal Ed Tech company that provides secure tablet computers connected to our robust cloud-based learning and communications platform to solve some of the most consequential challenges correctional facilities face across the U.S. Our approach has proven to exceed the technological needs of correctional facilities, reduce recruitment and retention costs for employers, and lead our learners to sustainable employment.
Orijin is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and certified B-Corporation, with a business model that never charges incarcerated individuals or their friends and families for its technology or services. Orijin products and services are currently deployed in over 150+ facilities across 18 states and growing. You can learn more about Orijin’s work by visiting: https://orijin.works/.
The Product Manager will own key elements of strategy, execution, delivery, and growth for Orijin’s platform that will accelerate Orijin’s position as the transformative provider of digital programming services for justice-involved individuals. The product manager will report to the Director of Product and work closely with sales, development, implementation, and support teams to analyze, define and manage product development. The Product Manager will ensure that Orijin prioritizes, builds, and delivers our product suite in a cohesive and timely manner to create growth and traction of our solution in Departments of Corrections, Jails, Parole, Probation, and alternatives to incarceration across the country.
Orijin is growing and we are looking for an experienced product manager to achieve the following outcomes:
- Synthesize and refine the product strategy resulting in a robust product roadmap with clear timelines and delivery dates for all stakeholders
- Drive the overall product roadmap that results in significant increases in product adoption and customer renewal
- Expand and refine the product offering to increase learner and administrator engagement and demonstrate measurable outcomes from use of the Orijin platform
- Drive the product life cycle for assigned product(s), managing a dynamic product roadmap that is responsive to the market opportunities and disciplined in achieving our longer-term product vision
- Produce high-quality documentation, including requirements, user stories, release notes, product training, user support, and sales support materials
- Connect with Departments of Corrections leadership/staff and incarcerated learners to understand their needs and communicate our product plans
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of the platform
- Continually develop and refine an understanding of the market, end user, and customer needs
- Define, prioritize, and release high value product features
- Collaborate with Technology teams to develop products on tight delivery schedules
- Collaborate with other product teammates in feature definition, cross-product planning, and joint release planning
- Support go-to-market activities including launch planning, pricing, and proposal development
- 2+ years in B2B/enterprise Product Management. EdTech and/or Telecom experience preferred but not required.
- Proven expertise in end-to-end product lifecycle management: market analysis, ROI assessment, requirements development, product delivery, marketing, sales alignment, and support
- Exceptional judgment in weighing the tradeoffs among time to market, budget, and product features that maximizes ROI
- Proven success working with and delivering to enterprise customers and/or large public jurisdictions (e.g., Departments of Education, Departments of Correction) with a focus on data integration, tracking, and reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience managing education platforms preferred but not required
- New York City or remote (Orijin has a NYC office and ~30% of staff are based in NYC)
- Quarterly travel required for non-NYC based employees
- Periodic travel travel to and work inside of correctional facilities in order to interview and learn from Orijin’s learners and administrators
Equal Opportunity Employer
Orijin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and firmly believes in creating a workplace that respects and values diversity of cultural, ethnic, and experiential backgrounds. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. As an organization committed to the successful reentry of justice-involved persons, we strongly encourage candidates who share the life experiences of the citizens we serve to apply