Partner - Israel
Antler is the investor backing the world’s most driven founders, from day zero to greatness. Founded on the belief that people innovating is the key to building a better future, we partner with people across six continents to launch and scale high-potential startups that address meaningful opportunities and challenges. Knowing that exceptional founders can come from anywhere with any background, we have offices in 23 cities, including Austin, New York, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Bangalore, Jakarta, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo, and Sydney. Our global community backs people from the beginning with co-founder matching, deep business model validation, initial capital, expansion support, and follow-on funding. Fueled by a personal passion that goes beyond traditional investing, we have helped create and invested in more than 600 startups across a wide range of industries and technologies, with the goal of backing more than 6,000 by 2030.
A better future won’t happen automatically—the world needs talented, determined, and resilient people to build it. Antler team members are part of an ambitious global community dedicated to helping the most driven founders move the world forward. We ease the path to entrepreneurship so more exceptional people can launch and scale companies that disrupt the status quo, create employment, contribute to GDP, and drive technology development and adoption. As the world presents an ever-increasing number of opportunities and challenges, founders are more needed than ever to address them. Join us to support them and help make progress inevitable.
The Antler Team
The Antler team comprises entrepreneurs, VC investors, and operators with strong track records of performance and achievement. The team has built companies such as fashion e-commerce company Zalora, e-commerce marketplace Lazada, music streamer Spotify, the world’s first successful online grocery store LeShop.ch, and other companies. Key leadership include:
- Magnus Grimeland, Chief Executive Officer: former Norwegian Navy Seal, Harvard graduate, McKinsey Junior Partner, co-founder, and CEO of Zalora, which he built, scaled and exited.
- Stefan Jung, co-founder, and Chief Investment Officer: co-founded Rocket Internet Southeast Asia and later founded and led Venturra, one of the region’s best performing VC funds. Invested in most of the region’s success stories, including Lazada, Grab, Zalora, Zilingo, Traveloka and several others
- Bjarne Abrahamsen, Chief Financial Officer: Princeton Mathematics major, a former investment banker in Bank of America, trader in JP Morgan, engagement manager in McKinsey, built the alternative investment branch of SEB. Leads Antler’s finance, legal and compliance.
The Fund Partner Role
Antler is seeking an exceptional leader to join the firm as a Fund Partner in Tel Aviv. A Fund Partner in Antler has the opportunity to have an incredible impact on the early-stage innovation ecosystem, and be a part of building the next wave of fast-growing technology companies in Israel. If you are up for the challenge, we promise an incredible experience and an unparalleled opportunity to work with extremely motivated individuals, accomplished entrepreneurs, and the founders of future startup successes.
Each local Antler fund and team is structured as a local partnership with a high degree of independence and autonomy. Each location is a startup in itself and requires a high entrepreneurial drive, the ability to build and manage an exceptionally strong team and deliver outstanding value to Antler’s founders and portfolio companies. The Fund Partners build out Antler’s presence, network and impact independently but with strong support from the global Antler network and team. As a Fund Partner in Antler, you are part of a global partnership and have the opportunity to take on global responsibilities and help build Antler globally.
Fund Partners are part of the investment committee where we select which founders and companies to back. The investment committee is usually composed of 2-3 local partners, 2 partners from the global investment team, and occasionally 1-2 partners from other Tier 1 VC firms.
- Build and lead an exceptional team: in each new location, we build a strong team consisting of Fund Partner leadership, functional, operational, and program managers, recruiters, administrative support staff.
- Establish and raise Antler’s local fund and support global fundraising efforts: Work with a global fundraising team of experienced team members to raise the first fund of USD 30-50 million that will be invested into approximately 100 portfolio companies.
- Invest in 15-25 companies every year with the strongest possible founders: Bring in the most ambitious and brilliant potential founders to the program, and work with founding teams to build their companies from scratch. This includes building strong co-founder teams, brainstorming new products and business models, coach and mentor teams to speed up their execution.
- Drive thoughtful investment decisions: take part in the Investment Committee selecting the companies that receive a pre-seed investment from Antler
- Partner with portfolio companies to achieve success: Build a deep network in the VC and angel ecosystems and support the portfolio companies in closing their seed and Series A rounds, support them in the company strategy, as well as using the Antler network to introduce them to customers, employees, advisors and other supporters
- Invest in follow-on breakout successes: identify the highest-potential startups where Antler will be increasing the ownership stake successively from the initial round onto follow-up rounds - to concentrate our investment into the most successful companies
- Demonstrated spikes in either
- Early-phase startup/founder experience - having founded or been a very early employee of a fast-growing successful technology company with direct operational scale-up experience and expertise, or
- Significant experience in early-stage venture capital - with a track record of leading investments in the seed/series A stages
- Deep network in the local founder, VC, and angel investor ecosystems
- Prior experience leading teams and individuals that have excelled in high-paced and challenging environments
- Proven experience from successfully managing complicated projects
- Bachelors or above degree from an accredited University and at least seven years of work experience
- Exceptional leadership – identifies, attracts, develops and retains high-quality teams
- A genuine passion for entrepreneurship and a belief the world needs more change-makers and innovators
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Accomplished and structured problem-solver
- Independent and proactive with a focus on execution and results orientation
- Comfortable with ambiguity, quick changes, tight deadlines and moving targets
The Antler Proposition
- Create a legacy and have a large impact: be part of building hundreds of disruptive companies that will define the next wave of tech
- An opportunity to change the lives of hundreds of people about to turn into entrepreneurs
- An opportunity to build a high-volume investment track record both in early-stage companies and also in the later stages
- An opportunity to greatly impact the direction and success of Antler globally
- Competitive salary, a significant share of the market fund upside
- Participation in the broader enterprise upside from the global Antler profit pool