Antler is the investor backing the world’s most driven founders, from day zero to greatness.
Founded on the belief that people innovating is the key to building a better future, we partner with people across six continents to launch and scale high-potential startups that address meaningful opportunities and challenges.
Knowing that exceptional founders can come from anywhere with any background, we have offices in 27 cities, including Austin, New York, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Bangalore, Jakarta, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo, and Sydney.
Our global community backs people from the beginning with co-founder matching, deep business model validation, initial capital, expansion support, and follow-on funding. Fueled by a personal passion that goes beyond traditional investing, we have helped create and invested in more than 900 startups across a wide range of industries and technologies, with the goal of backing more than 6,000 by 2030.
Read more about who we are and what we do here.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join Antler Australia’s Operations team in executing on program delivery of three residency cohorts a year, delivering an exceptional founder experience, and building processes and systems geared towards operational efficiency. Now deploying our second fund, Antler has ambitions to invest in hundreds of companies in the region over the next few years.
- Own key investment and residency coordination processes to optimise for founder experience and speed of investment
- Manage movements of founders throughout the residency including calendar organisation, Slack management, and maintaining the Antler Hub, our proprietary CRM
- Alongside the investments team, assist in the smooth delivery of Antler’s residency content including managing in-person sessions, ensuring founders have access to resources, and owning the tech setup for session delivery
- Maintain operational relationships with partners and external VCs that are invited into the Antler investment process including ensuring our communications to them are smooth, have robust information, and manage expectations effectively
- Support community and investor events including ordering food and drinks, setting up Sydney’s event space or organising external events, and communications required for event delivery
- Manage completion of pre-investment checks including ensuring submission of documents or pitch resources as required
- Organise internal events and sessions to optimise for team engagement and development
- Provide a platform for L&D opportunities within the Antler team via collaboration with our VP of Operations and Antler teams around the world
- Own day-to-day relationship and operations with our office space providers
- Hybrid Role: This role requires 4 days per week (Monday to Thursday), in Antler’s Sydney CBD office, with the opportunity to work one day a week remotely.
You love and believe in people. You know that the founding team is the heart of a startup and you are passionate about ensuring the best possible cohort experience.
Attention to detail and execution
You are highly organised, thrive on being the focal point of a high performing team, and have a get shit done attitude.
We have a one-team approach. We win together and take risks, acknowledging this means backing and recognising each other’s efforts and offering support when needed.
This is a hybrid role primarily based in Antler’s Sydney CBD office where you will spend 4 days per week in-office supporting founders through the investment process.
Traits we look for in this role include:
- Suitable for candidates with 1-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Highly organised and able to structure and execute multiple processes simultaneously
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to write and speak in a structured and articulate manner
- Efficient at bringing clarity to ambiguous environments through effective documentation and user-friendly process design
- Experience in a fast-moving environment preferred
- Experience in a program-based operational or co-ordination role is a bonus
Additional traits that apply across Antler include:
- Entrepreneurial mindset, comfortable with quick changes, tight deadlines, ambiguity, and willingness to support the growth of Antler.
- Independent and proactive with a focus on execution
- Highly collaborative approach and influencing skills
- High level of ambition which will translate to building the DNA of Antler as a world-class company
- Passion for entrepreneurship and believe the world needs more change-makers and innovators
- Results-oriented and outstanding personal commitment to setting and achieving lofty goals
- Accomplished and structured problem-solver, strong business model thinking
Our mission at Antler is to make progress inevitable. We know a better future will not happen automatically—the world needs talented, driven, and resilient people to build it.
By helping thousands of founders launch and scale the next generation of great companies that address some of the most pressing challenges of our time, we move society forward and make progress a certainty.
The local values that guide our team to achieve this mission every day include:
We’re constantly moving forward, looking for opportunities to re-envision, reinvent, and reimagine the way we do things. We create impact at scale, and when we reach great we seek to be greater.
Love what you do
We seek to create an environment and mission that means everyone can do the best work of their life. Every day, as a team, and individually, we aim to show leadership, be positive and respectful to build a culture that we can be proud of and others take notice of.
Win together and learn together
We take risks and lean in. We recognise each other's, and our own, effort, as well as our outcomes. And sometimes that means we might fail, but we acknowledge what happened and rally together to learn from it and move forward.
Open and honest
At Antler, we are open and honest. We believe it’s important to start with empathy and communicate proactively. By taking ownership and accountability in this way, and being transparent and truthful, we are a stronger, happier, more productive team.
WHY ELSE ANTLER?
As part of this role, employees have the opportunity to be part of a growing global business, see the impact of their work on the day-to-day operations of the business, and join our mission to back the world’s most driven founders, from day zero to greatness.
Along with that, you will:
- Create a legacy with an opportunity to impact the direction of Antler locally and across geographies
- Be part of a platform that helps build and invests in hundreds of disruptive companies every year
- Opportunity to grow your network and develop your understanding of the startup, VC and business innovation space, supported by a personal L&D budget
- The chance to work in a global and rapidly growing company with a truly global team and culture with significant local and global growth opportunities
- Flexible working hours where you are empowered to work in a way that brings the best out of you, along with 4-weeks remote working per year, birthday days off and Summer Hours
- A competitive salary, Fund Carry options and incentives to earn more through internal Scouting initiatives