Scouting & Marketing Manager
Scouting & Marketing Associate/Manager, Ho Chi Minh
Antler is the investor backing the world’s most driven founders, from day zero to greatness. Founded on the belief that people innovating is the key to building a better future, we partner with people across six continents to launch and scale high-potential startups that address meaningful opportunities and challenges. Knowing that exceptional founders can come from anywhere with any background, we have offices in over 30 cities, including Ho Chi Minh, Singapore, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, New York, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Bangalore, Seoul, Tokyo, Sydney, and more. Our global community backs people from the beginning with co-founder matching, deep business model validation, initial capital, expansion support, and follow-on funding. Fueled by a personal passion that goes beyond traditional investing, we have helped create and invest in more than 900 startups across a wide range of industries and technologies, with the goal of backing more than 6,000 by 2030.
The Antler team is part of an ambitious global community dedicated to helping the most driven founders move the world forward. We ease the path to entrepreneurship so more exceptional people can launch and scale companies that disrupt the status quo, create employment, contribute to GDP, and drive technology development and adoption. As the world presents an ever-increasing number of opportunities and challenges, founders are more needed than ever to address them. Join us to support them and help make progress inevitable.
About the role
As the Scouting / Marketing Manager, you will drive Scouting and Marketing of founders and early-stage startups in Vietnam. This role involves executing founder outreach and outbound marketing campaigns, managing inbound applications, and building community engagement through partnerships, events, and PR. The ideal candidate will be responsible for identifying the right channels to reach, engage, acquire, and assess founders to be invested. Additionally, you will support the development of our brand to position Antler as the preferred investor for startups in Vietnam. This role requires a go-getter who can blend marketing expertise with a keen eye for scouting potential in the startup ecosystem.
- Strategise and lead the end-to-end sourcing and scouting of founders and startups
- Drive awareness via community engagement and developing key partnerships with existing founders, aspiring founders, and experienced operators of leading tech startups
- Manage media relations, outreach to tech journalists, and pitch for media interviews
- Craft messaging and communications copy for marketing materials, founder outreach, press releases, and more
- Organize events, ranging from partnered events to in-house initiatives e.g. founders meetups, hackathons, investor dinners, and participation in major industry conferences
- Identify potential founders and conduct manual outreaches via email, LinkedIn, events, and more
- Execute automated outbound campaigns via various acquisition and lifecycle management tools
- Manage inbound applications by conducting screening calls and qualifying founders to be further interviewed and accepted into Antler
- Manage and optimize marketing activities to drive lead acquisition and improve conversion rates
- Proven experience in managing sales and marketing funnels, with a strong track record in acquiring, qualifying, and managing leads
- Prior exposure to and network within the venture capital and startup ecosystem is highly desirable
- Experience in organizing events, with a knack for creating engaging and impactful gatherings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of building and maintaining strong relationships
- Must possess excellent writing skills in Vietnamese, with proficiency in English highly preferable, for crafting marketing materials, press releases, and engaging copywriting
- Strong analytical abilities, with skills in optimizing operations and strategies for better performance
- A proactive and innovative mindset, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Previous experience in a tech startup is preferred
What we offer
- Opportunity to develop a strong presence in the community of founders and entrepreneurs in the startup ecosystem of Vietnam
- Opportunity to play role in the shaping and creation of the next generation of disruptive tech companies in Vietnam
- Opportunity to take part in the early shaping and vision of the next generation of disruptive tech companies in Vietnam.
- Opportunity to work with a global and leading investor of early-stage startups
- Competitive salary and benefits package