Senior Investment Associate
🚀 About Antler
Antler is the investor backing the world’s most driven founders, from day zero to greatness. Founded in 2017 on the belief that people innovating is the key to building a better future, we partner with people across six continents to launch and scale high-potential startups that address meaningful opportunities and challenges. Knowing that exceptional founders can come from anywhere with any background, we have offices in 26 cities, including Austin, New York, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Bangalore, Jakarta, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo, and Sydney. Our global community backs people from the beginning with co-founder matching, deep business model validation, initial capital, expansion support, and follow-on funding. Fueled by a personal passion that goes beyond traditional investing, we have helped create and invested in more than 900 startups across a wide range of industries and technologies, with the goal of backing more than 6,000 by 2030.
A better future won’t happen automatically—the world needs talented, determined, and resilient people to build it. Antler team members are part of an ambitious global community dedicated to helping the most driven founders move the world forward. We ease the path to entrepreneurship so more exceptional people can launch and scale companies that disrupt the status quo, create employment, contribute to GDP, and drive technology development and adoption. As the world presents an ever-increasing number of opportunities and challenges, founders are more needed than ever to address them. Join us to support them and help make progress inevitable.
💡 The Role
We are looking for a Senior Associate to join Antler’s Global Fund Investment Team in London, to work closely with our team on sourcing, evaluating, negotiating and managing our investments in future category leading companies.
The Global Fund, Antler Elevate is Antler’s ~285M USD multistage vehicle that invests from pre-A to Series C across multiple sectors and geographies. We’re growing rapidly and are looking for people who’d like to grow with us. If you’re up for the challenge, we can promise a fun and exciting ride with a steep learning curve!
As a Senior Investment Associate, you will:
- Source and evaluate investment opportunities, helping Antler win the most competitive deals.
- Be part of the deal flow process from first meeting to closing, and independently manage and prioritize communications with founders, CEOs and other stakeholders in the ecosystem.
- Analyze business plans, markets, industries and technology trends.
- Debate on final investment decisions together with our Partners.
- Create and present deep dives on topics of interest to the broader Global fund team.
- Support senior investment team members in management of existing portfolio companies.
- Drive forward various internal topics (e.g. initiatives to improve how we invest).
- Build and expand own VC & founder network, representing and promoting Antler Elevate.
🎓 Key experience and personal attributes
- Have a degree from a top-tier university with 3-5 years of full-time work experience in fast-paced environments (i.e., top-tier consulting, investment banking, private equity, venture capital or successful growth startup).
- Preference for candidates with a combination of strong institutional (investment banking, consulting, etc) and startup/VC experience.
- Ability to take full ownership and self-drive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills and know how to structure complex ideas.
- Ability to perform analytical exercises such as market sizing, retention analysis, unit economics computations (LTV/CAC and more), returns analysis, and are comfortable building models incl. building and analyzing full financial statements.
- Exceptional communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
- Strong Interest in startup and/or technology.
- Confident relationship builder, with an ability to build trust with founders and develop strong relationships in the VC ecosystem across Europe.
- Work permit in UK required
💎 What we offer
- Strong company culture with constant feedback and hands-on coaching from world-class ex-entrepreneurs, ex-strategy consultants and ex-investment bankers
- Clear ownership from day one
- Incredible global learning and growth path in the world of Venture Capital
- International environment, which treats everyone with respect, promotes diversity and gives you the room to grow
- A meritocracy, where everyone is expected to speak their opinions
- Centrally located and well-designed offices across the globe
- Complete flexibility on remote work / work from any our offices globally for a period of time
- Significant autonomy to explore investment opportunities of interest
- Regular team events (incl. offsites)