🚀 About Antler
Antler is the investor backing the world’s most driven founders, from day zero to greatness. Founded on the belief that people innovating is the key to building a better future, we partner with people across six continents to launch and scale high-potential startups that address meaningful opportunities and challenges. Knowing that exceptional founders can come from anywhere with any background, we have offices in 26 cities, including Austin, New York, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Bangalore, Jakarta, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo, and Sydney. Our global community backs people from the beginning with co-founder matching, deep business model validation, initial capital, expansion support, and follow-on funding. Fueled by a personal passion that goes beyond traditional investing, we have helped create and invested in more than 600 startups across a wide range of industries and technologies, with the goal of backing more than 6,000 by 2030.
A better future won’t happen automatically—the world needs talented, determined, and resilient people to build it. Antler team members are part of an ambitious global community dedicated to helping the most driven founders move the world forward. We ease the path to entrepreneurship so more exceptional people can launch and scale companies that disrupt the status quo, create employment, contribute to GDP, and drive technology development and adoption. As the world presents an ever-increasing number of opportunities and challenges, founders are more needed than ever to address them. Join us to support them and help make progress inevitable.
💡 The Role
We are currently searching for an experienced and versatile Finance Manager. This individual will assume responsibility for all finance-related workflows concerning the French operating companies and fund, as well as ensuring compliance with tax, legal, and regulatory reporting requirements across all entities, while being integrated into Antler Global Finance team.
Our ideal candidate is a critical thinker with an ingrained passion for workflow optimization, who isn't afraid to take initiative and demonstrate accountability. Diligence is a given for this role.
The Finance Manager will oversee the administration of Antler’s French operating company, fund management entity, and investment fund, while potentially being involved with our portfolio companies in framing incorporation, setting up business operations, and following investment funding rounds to secure success.
If you’re up for the challenge, we can promise an incredible experience and an unparalleled opportunity to work with a global team of highly motivated individuals, accomplished entrepreneurs, and the founders of future startup successes.
Responsible for all financial operations for Antler France:
- Day-to-day financial tasks: managing and signing off on the monthly management accounts and comprehensive analysis on variances to budget;
- Global policies: ensuring compliance with global policies (e.g. expenses);
- Managing the treasury function and working capital requirements: processing payments to suppliers and monthly payroll;
- Budgeting and forecasting: working closely on the annual budgeting tasks;
- Internal reporting: analysis of fund performance KPIs and on the quarterly management accounts (NAV);
- External reporting: ensuring timely external reporting to investors, governmental regulatory bodies, tax authorities, auditors, corporate partners, and other relevant third parties;
- Manage the annual audit process: working closely with auditors on the annual audit process of the french operating entities;
- Payroll and Tax: leading the local corporate and VAT areas; handing payroll, mandatory employer social cost payments, and compliance reporting;
- Yearly filing requirement: manage annual filing requirements for both the operating entity and fund;
Fund operations: management of the cash flow and payments related to funding investments and expenses;
- Other ad-hoc projects as and when required;
- Close collaboration with the Global Finance Function on all monthly deliverables that form part of the group consolidation process;
- Close collaboration with the Global Capital team on reporting, compliance and administration processes;
- Ad hoc projects aimed at automation, eliminating inefficiencies and process improvements.
🎓 Key experience and personal attributes
- 5-7 years of work experience in a related field such as finance control or business management;
- Experience in financial management, reporting, and process management;
- Demonstrated experience in an entrepreneurial environment and experience in taking ownership of challenging tasks, working with tight deadlines and ambiguity;
- Detail-oriented and process-focused with strong quantitative analysis skills;
- Highly organized and able to structure and execute multiple processes simultaneously;
- Proactive and positive personality with excellent communication skills.
💎 What we offer
- A strong company culture with constant feedback;
- Opportunity to take ownership from day one;
- Incredible learning and growth in the world of Venture Capital;
- An international environment that treats everyone with respect and gives you the room to grow;
- Fun culture, team events, including dinners, culture days and other engaging activities.