Antler is the investor backing the world’s most driven founders, from day zero to greatness. Founded on the belief that people innovating is the key to building a better future, we partner with people across six continents to launch and scale high-potential startups that address meaningful opportunities and challenges. Knowing that exceptional founders can come from anywhere with any background, we have offices in 26 cities, including Austin, New York, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Bangalore, Jakarta, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo, and Sydney. Our global community backs people from the beginning with co-founder matching, deep business model validation, initial capital, expansion support, and follow-on funding. Fueled by a personal passion that goes beyond traditional investing, we have helped create and invested in more than 600 startups across a wide range of industries and technologies, with the goal of backing more than 6,000 by 2030.
A better future won’t happen automatically—the world needs talented, determined, and resilient people to build it. Antler team members are part of an ambitious global community dedicated to helping the most driven founders move the world forward. We ease the path to entrepreneurship so more exceptional people can launch and scale companies that disrupt the status quo, create employment, contribute to GDP, and drive technology development and adoption. As the world presents an ever-increasing number of opportunities and challenges, founders are more needed than ever to address them. Join us to support them and help make progress inevitable.
About the Role
We are currently searching for an experienced and versatile Finance Associate. This individual will assume responsibility for all finance-related workflows concerning the Malaysia operating company and fund, as well as ensuring compliance with tax, legal, and regulatory reporting requirements across all entities, while being integrated into Antler Global Finance team.
Our ideal candidate is a critical thinker with an ingrained passion for workflow optimization, who isn't afraid to take initiative and demonstrate accountability. Diligence is a given for this role.
If you’re up for the challenge, we can promise an incredible experience and an unparalleled opportunity to work with a global team of highly motivated individuals, accomplished entrepreneurs, and the founders of future startup successes
- In charge of the invoicing, accounts receivables, payment functions, including payroll.
- Responsible for day-to-day financial accounting and bookkeeping, general ledger entries, monthly accounts closing, bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of annual financial statements to meet external audit requirements and tax filing with regulators.
- Support the monthly group reporting process.
- Support in onboarding entities to XERO.
- Support in the execution of ad-hoc projects.
- Interact and problem-solve with finance teams across geographical regions.
- Other ad-hoc administrative duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 2 - 3 years of experience.
- Knowledge in MS Excel, MS Office or Google Suite.
- Knowledge in International or Malaysia Financial Accounting Standards.
- Experience in XERO or other similar accounting software e.g. QuickBooks is a bonus.
- Positive personality with excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized and able to multitask.
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude.
- Able to thrive on challenges in a very fast-paced and high-volume environment
What we offer
- A strong company culture with constant feedback.
- Opportunity to take ownership from day one.
- Incredible learning and growth in the world of Venture Capital.
- An international environment that treats everyone with respect and gives you the room to grow.
- Fun culture, team events, including dinners, culture days and other engaging activities.