Investment Associate/Manager, Munich
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2023
Antler is the investor backing the world’s most driven founders, from day zero to greatness. Founded on the belief that people innovating is the key to building a better future, we partner with people across six continents to launch and scale high-potential startups that address meaningful opportunities and challenges. Knowing that exceptional founders can come from anywhere with any background, we have offices in 23 cities, including Austin, New York, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Bangalore, Jakarta, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo, and Sydney. Our global community backs people from the beginning with co-founder matching, deep business model validation, initial capital, expansion support, and follow-on funding. Fueled by a personal passion that goes beyond traditional investing, we have helped create and invested in more than 600 startups across a wide range of industries and technologies, with the goal of backing more than 6,000 by 2030.
A better future won’t happen automatically—the world needs talented, determined, and resilient people to build it. Antler team members are part of an ambitious global community dedicated to helping the most driven founders move the world forward. We ease the path to entrepreneurship so more exceptional people can launch and scale companies that disrupt the status quo, create employment, contribute to GDP, and drive technology development and adoption. As the world presents an ever-increasing number of opportunities and challenges, founders are more needed than ever to address them. Join us to support them and help make progress inevitable.
The Investment Team role
We are looking for an exceptional individual who will help build Antler operations in Central Europe, where Antler has ambitions to invest into hundreds of companies in the region over the next few years.
In this highly operational role, you will support founders from day zero in all areas of pre and post-investment, including originating for the best founders in the region, completing due diligence on teams and providing hands-on support to our portfolio companies (fundraising, grow, and exit) that Antler invests in.
Alongside creating better systems, processes, and tools, the role also includes supporting the operations of the Antler program and the growth of Antler’s footprint in Central Europe.
- Support the program and founders across several key areas including ideation to team formation and pitch practice
- Work with founders and portfolio companies to fundraise through introductions, liaising with VCs and other investors, assisting with term sheets, etc
- Assess founders, conduct due-diligence and decide on investment recommendations for the Partners and Investment committee
- Support the Antler team and help grow the Antler brand throughwith a wider range of projects spanning corporate partnerships and expansion to other geographies
- Global Antler: Help to create best practice processes across both local and global investment and portfolio management
The investment team is the core team building out the Antler platform. We are looking to build out the team at the Associate level. Hires typically have experience and a strong track-record in the start-up ecosystem, either in the VC sector or in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Education from top-tier university.
- Three to six years of experience working in venture capital, a high-growth startup environment or a related field.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, comfortable with quick changes, tight deadlines, ambiguity, and willingness to support the growth of Antler.
- Highly organized and able to structure and execute multiple processes simultaneously
- Independent and proactive with a focus on execution
- Highly collaborative approach and influencing skills
- High level of ambition which will translate to building the DNA of Antler as a world-class company
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to write and speak in a structured and articulate manner
- Passion for entrepreneurship and believe the world needs more change-makers and innovators
- Results-oriented and outstanding personal commitment to setting and achieving lofty goals
- Accomplished and structured problem-solver, strong business model thinking
What we offer
- Create a legacy and have a large impact: be part of building hundreds of disruptive companies across Europe that will define the next wave of tech
- Be part of a highly qualified and hardworking team and a global firm that is growing rapidly
- Opportunity to work in Venture Capital and build a track-record in investment and early-stage company formation
- Build experience in supporting early-stage companies with direct portfolio ownership
- Opportunity to impact the direction and success of the companies you are working with
- Going forward, the opportunity to take larger responsibilities within Antler, on the investment side, the portfolio side, or taking a larger pan-regional or global role
- Competitive compensation