Founder Scout Intern - Jakarta
🚀 About Antler
Antler is the investor backing the world’s most driven founders, from day zero to greatness. Founded on the belief that people innovating is the key to building a better future, we partner with people across six continents to launch and scale high-potential startups that address meaningful opportunities and challenges. Knowing that exceptional founders can come from any place with any background, we have offices in 25 cities, including Austin, New York, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Bangalore, Jakarta, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo, and Sydney.
Our global community backs people from the beginning with co- founder matching, deep business model validation, initial capital, expansion support, and follow-on funding. Fueled by a personal passion that goes beyond traditional investing, we have helped create and invested in more than 550 startups across a wide range of industries and technologies, with the goal of backing more than 6,000 by 2030.
💡 The Role
We are looking for a Founder Scout Intern for Antler Indonesia operations. The intern plays a crucial role in the Antler business, involving sourcing exceptional aspiring founders, conducting due-diligence on early-stage startups for the program and managing program & community events. As an Intern, you have front-row seats to a fantastic opportunity to work with new founders at the very beginning of their entrepreneurial journeys. You can expect to gain an understanding of early-stage venture capital operations, knowledge across different industry domains, and be equipped with the skills to assess business models, startup teams and market opportunities.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Assist with the planning and management of the founder scouting process for our Indonesia program using Antler’s playbook and best practices
- Take ownership of our sourcing pipelines and infrastructure to source exceptional founders and startups for the program
- Conduct due diligence through capturing, analysing, and presenting data to assess business models, startup teams and market opportunities
- Contribute and build our founder community
- Be a powerful brand ambassador for Antler at various networking and community events
- Other tasks to be specified that are associated with the varied nature of this role
🧬 Personal Attributes
The ideal candidate for the Founder Scout Intern role will have the following:
- A highly organised work ethic and the ability to structure and execute multiple processes simultaneously
- An ability to be comfortable with quick changes, deadlines and the ambiguity that comes with startups
- A positive attitude and an ability to be independent and proactive
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong passion for entrepreneurship and a good understanding of current technology trends
💎 What We Offer
As part of the Antler Indonesia team, you can:
- Join a fast-growing organisation and be exposed to responsibilities from day one
- Acquire constant feedback and hands-on coaching from world-class ex-entrepreneurs, strategy consultants and investment bankers
- Gain incredible learning and growth in venture capital, especially in company formation, idea validation, deal-making and startup scaling
- Be part of a fun and global team, which treats everyone with respect, promotes diversity and gives you room to grow
- Meal & transportation allowance
- Available for a minimum 3-month internship on a full-time basis, starting December 2022.
- Should be based in Jakarta during the internship and have a valid work permit.