Finance Manager - Japan
Antler is the investor backing the world’s most driven founders, from day zero to greatness. Founded on the belief that people innovating is the key to building a better future, we partner with people across six continents to launch and scale high-potential startups that address meaningful opportunities and challenges. Knowing that exceptional founders can come from anywhere with any background, we have offices in 26 cities, including Austin, New York, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Bangalore, Jakarta, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo, and Sydney. Our global community backs people from the beginning with co-founder matching, deep business model validation, initial capital, expansion support, and follow-on funding. Fueled by a personal passion that goes beyond traditional investing, we have helped create and invested in more than 900 startups across a wide range of industries and technologies, with the goal of backing more than 6,000 by 2030.
A better future won’t happen automatically—the world needs talented, determined, and resilient people to build it. Antler team members are part of an ambitious global community dedicated to helping the most driven founders move the world forward. We ease the path to entrepreneurship so more exceptional people can launch and scale companies that disrupt the status quo, create employment, contribute to GDP, and drive technology development and adoption. As the world presents an ever-increasing number of opportunities and challenges, founders are more needed than ever to address them. Join us to support them and help make progress inevitable.
The Finance Manager role
We are looking for an all round Finance Manager responsible for all workflows related to tax, legal and finance. You support the global Finance team and local Partner group to ensure smooth business operations. Our ideal Finance Manager is a critical thinker, proactively takes ownership, passionate about optimizing workflows and works relentlessly with a high level of diligence. You are responsible for the administration of Antler’s Japan operating company and investment fund. You are also supporting each of the invested startups with incorporation, setting up their business and following investment funding rounds.
If you’re up for the challenge, we can promise an incredible experience and opportunity to work with the most talented individuals and driven founders of future startup successes.
- Contribute to and help guide the strategic planning process
- Supervision of all financial operations for Antler Japan working with our external accountants on:
- Day-to-day financial tasks: accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax, payroll, financial and management Accounting
- Preparation and submission of financial statements, corporate tax returns and any other necessarily documents required by Japanese authorities
- Expense control to ensure compliance with our global expense policy
- Creation of the monthly management accounts for the operating company
- Manage cashflow, budgets and forecasting tightly across the business
- Own the quarterly reporting processes and ensure that Fund performance is prepared and distributed each quarter; compliance is submitted on time and all documentation is maintained
- Run the yearly audit for the Fund with external auditors and ensure financial statements, tax distribution statements and the tax returns are submitted on time
- Work with local Partners in managing the cash flow and payments related to fund investments and expenses
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders such as Limited Partners of the Fund, founders, banks, consultants, grant advisors and the broader global team
- 5-10 years of experience overseeing a finance function
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or related field, and professional membership of either CA, CPA or equivalent
- Fluent English and Japanese
What we offer:
- Work in a fast-growing organization with a lot of responsibility from day one
- Great learning and networking opportunities through working with experienced leaders from top consulting/finance firms, startup founders and tech community leaders
- A fun and global team, all dedicated to making Antler and our portfolio companies a huge success
- An international environment with significant room for growth